The Parish Council is made up of 7 councillors who represent the village on various matters. We are effectively the third tier of local government, the other two being Norfolk County Council and Breckland Council.
We meet bi-monthly at 7.45 pm usually on the third Monday of the month at Elsing Village Hall, Church Street, Elsing.
The public is very welcome to attend our meetings.
This is what the Parish Council is responsible for in Elsing:
- Maintenance of the bus shelter in Heath Road
- Allotments rental
- Village Orchard maintenance
- Coordination of Footpath Maintenance
- The Dog Bins
- The telephone boxes in Rectory Road and Mill Street and the defibrillators.
- The Village sign and wooden seat situated beneath it.
- Maintenance of Parish Council land (Hundred Year Wood) at the top of Heath Road and the ‘Surveyors Pit’ at the bottom of Heath Road
- We also make comments on all planning applications, although the District Council or County Council make the decision.